Relief pitcher settings

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

DOUGLASLYNCH

Relief pitcher settings

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 1:43 pm

I am pretty confused with what to do with relief pitcher settings.

Relievers T End. Bal. Don't Rel. B4 Qk Slo 6 ip 7 ip less LHB RHB Blwout <6th <7th <8th 1-2 2-3

Are there general guidelines to what values you use for these?

andycummings65

Re: Relief pitcher settings

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 5:37 pm

I think usage of the settings is different for everyone.

For Relievers, only use the Don't Rel. B4 with a very strong RP that you prefer to pitch every inning he can.
F8=Don't Relieve Until he's just beginning to lose his effectiveness
F7 is worse, F6 is worse than F7, down to F0. As a rule, I don't want RPs pitching really below an F8.

Qk or Slo Hook is kind of self-explanatory. Qk Hook for guys you dont want pitching too much, Slo for better RP you want to give a longer leash.

MAX IP/Start does not apply to RPs.

IBB Less= If you want a guy to attempt fewer IBB

Avoid LHB/RHB= If you want an RP who is less effective against one side or the other, you can use this setting.

If you dont want an RP pitching in a Blowout, or you want him to avoid pitching before 6,7, or 8th inning. Some guys dont want to waste their best RP in a blowout or too early in the game.

MAX IP/Rel.---If you don't want a certain RP pitching too much, limit how much he pitches......

DOUGLASLYNCH

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 7:07 pm

Thanks for the info. Does anyone here ever use F8, F7, etc. for relievers?

andycummings65

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 9:57 pm

I'd personally only use the Don't Relieve B4 Fwhatever Settings for a RP that I paid over 7m for. (And not at high caps at all)

dheitzmann

PostSun Feb 14, 2021 9:25 am

I have a couple middle relievers that are much better against righties or lefties. But, they are both pretty good overall. I have the two middle relievers set to middle man in settings. I have also set them to avoid LHB and RHB respectively. I also have one 50 cent Mopup reliever who I prefer never using. I am concerned that the middle relievers will be used for one or two batters and then my Mopup pitcher will be brought in during a close game. Is this a legitimate concern or does one setting trump another? Thank you in advance!

Fritsch

PostFri Mar 26, 2021 12:55 am

Thanks for the information, keep sharing this type of info

mymilestonecard.com
Last edited by Fritsch on Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

tdkearns

PostFri Mar 26, 2021 8:04 am

dheitzmann wrote:I have a couple middle relievers that are much better against righties or lefties. But, they are both pretty good overall. I have the two middle relievers set to middle man in settings. I have also set them to avoid LHB and RHB respectively. I also have one 50 cent Mopup reliever who I prefer never using. I am concerned that the middle relievers will be used for one or two batters and then my Mopup pitcher will be brought in during a close game. Is this a legitimate concern or does one setting trump another? Thank you in advance!

Don’t believe so. The “avoid” rating only applies when coming into the game. You can set the fatigue lower or the slow hook rating for the middle relievers to keep in longer. .

Return to General Strategy