How do you keep worst pitcher from being used?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

campy68

How do you keep worst pitcher from being used?

PostFri Aug 21, 2020 6:44 pm

I am now trying quick hook, avoid blowout and avoid right, avoid <8. Will this work?

So far the pitcher has come in the game 8th inning with a 10+ run lead and lost both times. At that time I only used quick hook on the options but that obviously didn't work.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!!

milleram

Re: How do you keep worst pitcher from being used?

PostSat Aug 22, 2020 2:11 am

difficult to say without seeing the team---but with new RP rules the worst RP on the staff will pitch much more than you want.

The only thing that has really worked for me this season is just don't have a horrible RP on the staff.

Try setting a somewhat decent RP as the mopup if you can, not the worst guy--this means HAL will avoid that RP in close games so it is hard to do this with a lot of teams. Mopup role comes in leading or trailing by five I think.

I have been able to use a mopup and Trailing late role together on a couple of teams.

If you have to have a poor RP on team money wise--go for best WHIP over least HR allowed as a general rule, you can afford a couple of HR with a 10 run lead, not a bunch of BB/Singles and then a bomb.

freeman

Re: How do you keep worst pitcher from being used?

PostSat Aug 22, 2020 9:59 am

If you have more relief-only pitchers than the minimum the single most effective way to make sure he is not used is to drop him and draft a .5 SP that does not relieve. Hal will not use him.

Return to General Strategy