Most to spend on non pitcher in 100 million league and more

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

30west60thstreet

Most to spend on non pitcher in 100 million league and more

PostThu Aug 06, 2020 2:39 pm

What is the most to spend on a no pitcher in a 100 million league and is there a formula for a money break down in a line up? Also how much on the highest paid starter and highest paid reliever?

PETERLE

Re: Most to spend on non pitcher in 100 million league and m

PostFri Aug 07, 2020 2:53 pm

Are you asking how much to spend on a single non * pitcher? Just wanted to clarify your question.

30west60thstreet

PostFri Aug 07, 2020 10:28 pm

Yes. What is the suggested maximum to spend on a single non pitcher in a 100 mil league? I also asked as a secondary question how much was a suggested maximum to spend on a *starter?

I'm just trying to learn and figure out a good strategy.

Thank you
John

freeman

PostSun Aug 09, 2020 12:50 pm

I dont think there is a really an answer to your question but you might take a look at this discussion even though it is about 80 million teams.

http://forum.onlinegames.strat-o-matic. ... p?t=160988

Mumford

PostSun Aug 09, 2020 7:31 pm

30west60thstreet wrote:What is the most to spend on a no pitcher in a 100 million league and is there a formula for a money break down in a line up? Also how much on the highest paid starter and highest paid reliever?

The Relief Pitching rules changed so I would be careful about previous advice. SP might be more valuable now.

jgmadigan

PostFri Aug 14, 2020 2:02 pm

I'm a rookie about to get started in my 2nd season, which is $100M w/DH, so I'm generally interested in this topic.
- I've read to spend roughly 40%+/- on pitching in $80M. Does that ratio still make sense in a $100M league?
- The allocation between starting vs relief is interesting. On the one hand, it seems starters may get yanked early more often with stronger offenses ($100M vs $80M) and the DH. It's tough to have your $9M starter yanked in the 2nd/3rd inning after giving up a big rally - does this have much impact on reduction of innings pitched? On the other hand, the stricter relief rules/increase in relief prices in ATG-9 suggest not to overspend on the bullpen either. Given these offsetting factors, my take is still to allocate roughly 75/25 on starters/relief but that's based on gut and no experience. Interested in what others think?

30west60thstreet

PostMon Aug 17, 2020 12:29 am

Hi, I'm in a non DH league so it might be different. I found that when I got rid of my higher priced starters in my 80 mil league and spent more on the bullpen my team took off and I wound up winning the championship. I had a really good hitting team so maybe that was the reason. That was my first 365 league so I guess I also go lucky. I don't know if there are any set rules. I'm in a 100 mil league and I'm first in my division but there teams that I think are much better in the league. To me this is a work in progress. The people that have been doing this a long time know so much more than us new guys. So my conclusion is that I don't have one other than to experiment and see what works for you over the long haul. Good luck.

John

Return to General Strategy