power N vs W

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

campy68

power N vs W

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 12:28 pm

On the hitters card I see either a N or W next to power. Where does this come in to play, on the pitchers card? How does it work? Thanks.

jjii66

Re: power N vs W

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 2:22 pm

It comes into play when there is a HR from the pitcher's card. An "N" will get the home run, but a "W" will not. (I can't remember if the homer turns into a flyout, or a single.)

paul8210

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 2:51 pm

For ballpark homers (homerun readings preceded by '#') on the pitcher's card the hitter with a 'W' can hit either a single** (instead of a homer) or make an out (if the split card result falls outside of ballpark homer range). Only a batter with an "N" power rating can be given a homer off the pitcher's card for ballpark homers (if the split card results falls within the ballpark homer range).

What has never been explicitly explained in super-advanced rules to my satisfaction is what happens when it is a non-ballpark homer (homer not preceded by a "#") reading on the pitcher's card. I'm not certain whether the "W" hitter is awarded a homer (assuming the final result falls within the split card range) or a single** (assuming the final result falls within the split card range) when a non-ballpark homer result is in play.

In Stratomatic online 365, for non-ballpark homers the non-ballpark homerun reading on the pitcher's card is not preceded by an "N", so, I'm unsure if the "N" before the homerun on the pitcher's card, as described in the advanced (not super-advanced) game rules, is meant to be assumed in the online version for non-ballpark homers.

campy68

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 5:52 pm

Thank but both for a great explanation

Return to General Strategy