Catcher X TOT/OUT

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

steginman

Catcher X TOT/OUT

PostThu Jul 23, 2020 11:44 am

Still new to this game, but we have been discussing what the catcher X TOT and X OUT numbers indicate. So far we think it comes into play on a CATCH-X roll. After that we are not exactly sure what the numbers mean. We think passed balls and throwing errors are involved, but the numbers don't align

For example:

My current catcher has XTOT of 9 and XOut of 7. He has 4 passed balls and 2 TErr and 3 E. So maybe the difference is the 2 TErr, but then where did the 4 passed balls come from.

freeman

Re: Catcher X TOT/OUT

PostThu Jul 23, 2020 2:26 pm

In addition to the X rolls there is a separate roll for throwing errors and for passed balls. I think. It doesnt make sense that catchers have three X rolls for fielding plays but it says the throwing and pass ball ratings are supplemental to error and range ratings. Maybe someone else has a definitive answer.

"Additionally, catchers have supplemental ratings, e.g. "T-7(pb-5)". The "T" number means that the catcher has a 1-7 chance out of 20 to commit a throwing error when there is a throwing error chance (throwing error chances occur on 15% of all steal attempts). The "pb" number means that the catcher has a 1-5 chance out of 20 to allow a passed ball when there is a passed ball chance (passed ball chances occur 2.5% of the time when runners are on base)."

coyote303

Re: Catcher X TOT/OUT

PostThu Jul 23, 2020 9:27 pm

X TOT and X OUT reference only Catcher's Card X results. I am very confident of this.

However, I tried hard to find a super advanced fielding chart online since don't have one. Anyway, some results don't give an out, error, or (I think) single. I think you can get a passed ball or wild pitch. Perhaps someone with the board game can enlighten us!

Return to General Strategy