Injuries and Lineups

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

ChiSox2005

Injuries and Lineups

PostWed Jun 17, 2020 10:43 am

I have a question about whether you can alter your lineup for one game due to an injury. I had a player hurt in the first three set of games. He is going to miss the first game of the next series. His backup is a much weaker hitter and I don't want him in the middle of the lineup. But, for games 5 and 5 my injured player is back so is there a way to have the sub bat 8th in game 5, but when the starter comes back he still bats in the middle of the order?

milleram

Re: Injuries and Lineups

PostWed Jun 17, 2020 6:09 pm

No you can't alter it for one game--it is a three game set--Hal will usually alter your lineup from injury spot down if it is a weak hitting replacement (I hate it when leadoff guy is hurt--you have no idea sometimes--usually HAL goes with best OB 1st)

it has always been a bit of an issue-but there may be an alternative.

Last year strat gave you the 6 lineups--2 normal ones and 2 alternate for RH and LH.

if the SP for that game is the only pitcher that is rated 3R or something unique for those three games--you can make out an alternate lineup that is 3R-3R for a RH (or LH) starter. Remember to delete that alternate after set has played though.

ChiSox2005

Re: Injuries and Lineups

PostWed Jun 17, 2020 6:40 pm

Thanks for the tips.

Return to General Strategy