DH Double switch

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

jgmadigan

DH Double switch

PostMon Jun 15, 2020 5:03 pm

Is there a way to do the following: Against lefties, I want to set up the following defensive replacement doubleswitch:
bring in a defensive sub at 2B; move Mariano Duncan from 2B to DH, replacing Jose Cardenal at DH.

The game rules say to set these up as pairs. Defensive replacement at 2B, no problem, but then there is no setting for a replacement DH. I am able to put Mariano Duncan as the 2nd defensive replacement and leave his position blank, but I don't know if HAL would understand what I'm trying to do.

Comments?

paul8210

Re: DH Double switch

PostMon Jun 15, 2020 5:14 pm

jgmadigan wrote:Is there a way to do the following: Against lefties, I want to set up the following defensive replacement doubleswitch:
bring in a defensive sub at 2B; move Mariano Duncan from 2B to DH, replacing Jose Cardenal at DH.

The game rules say to set these up as pairs. Defensive replacement at 2B, no problem, but then there is no setting for a replacement DH. I am able to put Mariano Duncan as the 2nd defensive replacement and leave his position blank, but I don't know if HAL would understand what I'm trying to do.

Comments?

No. The game as designed does not replace the DH in the middle of the game with another player who is already in the game.

andycummings65

Re: DH Double switch

PostMon Jun 15, 2020 9:45 pm

Double Switches involving the DH are illegal according to MLB rules. Plus, even though the DH could hypothetically enter the game in a defensive position, the pitcher would have to bat.

Return to General Strategy