Budget Distribution in DH vs No-DH Leagues

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

jcrowley

Budget Distribution in DH vs No-DH Leagues

PostSun Jun 14, 2020 1:56 pm

Greetings! I'm new to SOM and wanted to first say thanks because these forums have been very helpful in starting to learn some of the basics of how to effectively construct a team. Thanks especially to Palmtana for making a lot of the older content/posts accessible for us new folks.

My question: I've seen in various threads suggestions to spend roughly $45-50m of an $80m budget on hitters. I don't recall any of these discussions differentiating between DH vs No-DH leagues, though. Does this guideline extend to both league types?

I understand successful teams can have a lot of different configurations... I was just curious what peoples' thoughts are. If the player set matters, it sounds like some friends and I are going to be starting a 1999 6-team season. Thanks!

milleram

Re: Budget Distribution in DH vs No-DH Leagues

PostSun Jun 14, 2020 11:28 pm

I think the formula did apply to both DH and noDH generally in 20XX. Though it sounds logical you would spend a bit more for pitching in noDh, I found it had no correlation really.

The park you are in, and the division/league distribution of parks really drives the way you spend more in the long run-- Most always you need to reevaluate after initial auto draft, adjusting your team in waivers and free-agency before the season begins. Sometimes you just know you need more hitting or pitching and have to adjust.

This season, with the game rules changes for pitching--I feel it swings toward more funds for pitching or defense on the average team. But you pay for defense with the hitting card--so I am talking about "the average team".

Palmtana

Re: Budget Distribution in DH vs No-DH Leagues

PostSun Jun 14, 2020 11:31 pm

Welcome to the game!

I can't recall seeing a discussion on the point you brought up so I would say you can ignore that factor in the game.
One less thing for you to be concerned with in the Strat puzzle.

Return to General Strategy