Setting lineup question

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

davidjaredklein

Setting lineup question

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 8:05 am

Hi,

Dumb question from newbie but I’ll ask it anyway - when setting your lineups, do you look at the simulated stats to date or only the real stats. I know the next card does not change but I thought looking at the left/righty results to date would factor in things like ballpark and opposing pitchers so there might be value in using the simulated l/r results when setting a lineup.

Just curious what the experienced mangers use when setting lineups.

Thanks.

David

PETERLE

Re: Setting lineup question

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 1:49 pm

This is a good question as I also wonder what others do when setting line ups.

There is another posting with detail on what type of player should bat where in the line up and that posting has it based on players' OBP and SLG. Its a good post and I have been using it for my line ups. After reading that post, I was wondering if he meant to use simulated or real stats.

I am far from a good manager in this game so my opinion might be wrong but I use real life stats for first 2-3 series. Then when there is more data as to how the players are doing in that season, I then move them around based on sim stats. I am not sure which is best approach so would like to hear from some vets as to their practice. Main issue with simulated stats is past performance doesnt guarantee future results - good or bad.

coyote303

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 2:13 pm

It depends if you are asking about a mystery card league or a single-season card league.

• In a single-season league, you should NEVER base your lineups by looking at results. Base it only on the players' cards. Cards don't change no matter how well or poorly your players are performing.

• In a mystery card league, results can influence whether to keep a player or drop him. However, results are just one factor to consider, and most inexperienced (and some experienced) managers make decisions based on too few at bats or innings pitched. I refer you to this forum topic if you're playing in a mystery card league:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=634688

If you do figure out which season a player has, base your lineup decisions based on that card, not his results.

PETERLE

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 2:56 pm

Thanks coyote. It is tempting to base it on current season production but I do see your point.

Return to General Strategy