Error in how Hal assigns pinch hitters to the field

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

tdkearns

Error in how Hal assigns pinch hitters to the field

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 7:12 am

See my note below to Strat. Hal often does not play the pinch hitter in the appropriate position in the next half inning. This is very common issue. Perhaps if we all report the issue to techsupport@strat-o-matic.com on a regular basis they will get tired of the complaints.

Email to Strat:
To help you improve game logic I am reporting an error in substitutions. This happens frequently. A pinch hitter comes in and is then not used in the field where appropriate. See bud Harrelson and harry Walker in 9th and 10th inning.

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/game/play ... 445417/911

paul8210

Re: Error in how Hal assigns pinch hitters to the field

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 12:39 pm

I've written them at least two letters on the problem, such as this one in March...

Subject: Game Engine Bug, Defensive Replacement wrong when a more suitable player is available

Hi,

This is similar to problem I reported in October. Pinch hitter Clarke should have replaced an infielder at either SS or 2b. Instead, ninth inning infield replacement was a non-infielder(Harper/Green). I understand no other infielders besides Clarke were available, which explains why both positions could not be replaced by an infielder, but, Clarke definitely should have played defense in the ninth.

I do hope this bug will be fixed.

Casey1150

Re: Error in how Hal assigns pinch hitters to the field

PostThu Jun 18, 2020 7:34 am

Another example: Hal correctly pinch hits Lopata for Burgess against lefty reliever. But then puts mota behind the plate.
Maybe we should all agree not to support any new product Strat starts until this and a few other bad coding mistakes are fixed?

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/game/447921/498

Return to General Strategy