New Managers - Look here

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Brewersfan

NEWBIE HELP PLEASE — CHOOSING A STADIUM

PostWed Dec 23, 2020 7:06 pm

Thanks for the rules for a winning team. I’m a newbie. How do I choose a home field. I have 5 of my 9 batters with 30 + homeruns. 4 AA stealers, and 7/9 with at least An OBP of .395. How do I choose a home field?

Brewersfan

Re: New Managers - Look here

PostWed Dec 23, 2020 7:11 pm

Also, I have 5 S* pitchers who have single digits in homeruns allowed.

Brewersfan

PostThu Dec 24, 2020 1:29 am

Also, I have 5 S* pitchers who have single digits in homeruns allowed.

Question #2. I have 2 S* and 3 S*/R pitchers. I understand that I can have a 4 man rotation. For my 5th pitcher, , how often can he be used as a reliever? Also, can he be swapped into the rotation if another pitcher isn’t doing well?

andycummings65

PostThu Dec 24, 2020 1:36 am

Brewersfan wrote:Also, I have 5 S* pitchers who have single digits in homeruns allowed.

Question #2. I have 2 S* and 3 S*/R pitchers. I understand that I can have a 4 man rotation. For my 5th pitcher, , how often can he be used as a reliever? Also, can he be swapped into the rotation if another pitcher isn’t doing well?

You can edit your rotation at any time, either by setting your Default Rotation or by setting SPs from game To game.
If you have 4 * SPs, if you put your 5th starter in the Default Rotation, he’ll never pitch. If you only set 4 SPs to your Drvuskt Rotation, that 5th starter will get used in relief from time to Time.

coyote303

PostThu Dec 24, 2020 1:48 am

Brewersfan wrote:Also, I have 5 S* pitchers who have single digits in homeruns allowed.

You don't need five starred starting pitchers.* Furthermore, benching a starting pitcher because "he isn't doing well" is silly. Start the best you have based on the card he has--not on his results.

Any extra starters, beyond what you need for your 4-man rotation, can be used in relief as much as a relief-only pitcher as long as the extra starters have a relief rating (e.g., S6/R3). If not, they are likely to never pitch in relief.

*Some managers will have extra starters and micro-manage who starts each game depending if a team hits righties or lefties better. It depends on the salary cap and how good your first four starters are whether this strategy makes sense. For example, if you have four top-of-the line starters (with a *) in an $80-million cap league, you really don't want to do this!

Palmtana

PostSun Jul 11, 2021 9:05 pm

Bump
Previous

Return to General Strategy