Do you set and use reverse alternate lineups ?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

spellbd@yahoo.com

Do you set and use reverse alternate lineups ?

PostWed May 13, 2020 9:04 am

Just posting a general question. What percentage of you guys set and use reverse alternate lineups in some range ?

jjii66

Re: Do you set and use reverse alternate lineups ?

PostWed May 13, 2020 12:37 pm

I like to use them. I don't know what the advantage would be of not using them, other than saving a bit of time (and lord knows I have plenty of that!)

klx22

PostWed May 13, 2020 3:33 pm

I have never used it

andycummings65

PostWed May 13, 2020 3:46 pm

I only use them if I'm playing a large enough cap where I have options to take advantage of it.

At lower caps, I just think it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. You're facing 9L RHP Steve Trachsel. He's much better against LH, but do I sit 9R LH Kal Daniels in favor of 2L RH Hal McRae? Daniels hitter card would BASH Trachsel, but Trachsel's better against LH on his pitching card. McRae might do better against Trachsel's pitching card, but he wont fare as well on his own hitting card as Daniels would.

tdkearns

PostWed May 13, 2020 6:33 pm

Depends. Generally yes. I like to change up lineups to match pitchers.

tmfw30

PostMon May 18, 2020 6:55 pm

I've never done it - I already put so much time into team construction and settings, yet another option was a step too far for me- and I was lucky enough to win Barnstormers, so it can't matter that much.

If you track it carefully I'm sure it can provide a marginal advantage though.

milleram

PostTue May 19, 2020 3:00 am

I use them or not depending on the team--some teams there is no need for reverse lineups, others it helps, and some teams I use all 6 of the lineups--if some one wants to throw a 9R/9L reverse pitcher at you--even cheap guys become sluggers--especially if they are N power.

freeman

PostTue May 19, 2020 6:14 am

Dont you have to draft a team that can take advantage of the settings? I did try once to draft a team that could take advantage of the settings but it didnt work. Too much wasted money. Normally, I got 9 nine guys that are good against lefties and nine against righties. The five guys on the bench are either platoon guys only good against lefties or back-ups not good enough to start at all. And when you start spending extra money so those back-up guys have more flexibility, you take money from your standard line-up and then you got to hope those alternate line-ups get used enough to warrant the extra expenditure. I dont think it works.

I dont play high caps but in theory it makes more sense there.

Return to General Strategy