Question about reading cards...

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

MauiSlim

Question about reading cards...

PostTue Mar 17, 2020 4:14 pm

In the BP vs lh/rh section. Can someone explain that to me what do the little *s mean? The w's? :?:

Palmtana

Re: Question about reading cards...

PostTue Mar 17, 2020 10:30 pm

Welcome to the game, Mauislim. You're referring to the ratings guide for hitters. I'm no expert on the intricacies of the game but I believe this to be correct:

The "w's" refer to the fact that the hitter is a 98 lb. weakling. When a Ball Park Home Run comes up on the pitchers card, he has no chance of hitting it out.

The "*" refers to the fact that the hitter is a 76 lb. weakling. When a Ball Park Single comes up on the pitchers card, he doesn't get a single.

I'm going to move your question to the General Strategy forum where we will see if I am correct and maybe get more detail.

milleram

Re: Question about reading cards...

PostWed Mar 18, 2020 12:37 am

He may be asking about the ballpark ratings cards that comes with the physical card set-- one is the normal card the other the weather effects card---on either " * " on right or left side of team name means a HR may not be robbed -- Bostons Fenway park--RH hitters can't be robbed of a HR with that green monster (fielders can't jump higher than the fence)

I'm not sure if that rule applies online as we don't get enough info in play by play, I've assumed it doesn't as it's not in Ballpark info online.

Playing computer version with super advanced rules it lets you know in Play by play --- if a HR 1-8 flyB 9-20 for instance-- if roll is 8 or 9 it may be robbed, or go over anyway--the better fielders have a better chance of robbing it. See rule 14.5

https://somonline.fandom.com/wiki/Strat ... Game_Rules

Return to General Strategy