Draft Strategy

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

je8675309

Draft Strategy

PostSun Sep 15, 2019 10:43 pm

I always seem to be end up middle of the pack but some owners always seem to end up near the top. Any strategies anyone willing to share?

STEVE F

Re: Draft Strategy

PostSun Sep 15, 2019 11:29 pm

Are you talking about a live draft? Where the positions are assigned at random? :lol:
Or are you talking about waivers?
Last edited by STEVE F on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Palmtana

PostMon Sep 16, 2019 12:48 am

Probably not Steve.

Overall performance? If so check out this thread. Years of Strat knowledge at your fingertips.

To your post topic, here is a thread on draft strategy.

STEVE F

PostMon Sep 16, 2019 1:38 pm

Given the rather large number of "conspiracy theorists" on the boards, I wouldn't be all that surprised.

coyote303

PostWed Sep 18, 2019 12:12 am

je8675309 wrote:I always seem to be end up middle of the pack but some owners always seem to end up near the top. Any strategies anyone willing to share?

Autodrafting is more art than science. That being said, I am delighted if I have the #12 waiver pick. Why? It means I got most of the key players I wanted in the draft. If you're ending up in the middle, then you're doing okay with your drafting.

Some sets, how well you do in the draft is more critical. For example, the 60s set (ironically called Superstar Sixties) has a limited number of star players. With the 90s, it's far easier to recover from not getting who you wanted in the draft.

Remember that losing out on higher picks is far more important in determining waiver position than lower picks. So, don't get cute and list a bunch of people you don't want and don't expect to get with your lower draft picks hoping to improve your waiver position.

the ghost of roger maris

PostSun Oct 27, 2019 12:04 am

I think it is an art
some positions have a real drop after the top 2 or 4
other positions go quite deep...
I try to get an edge at key positions....so they are top priorities....
also got to work stadium strategy into it....if you are going for a lefty plus park some positions have fewer lefties so they need to be weighted a bit higher too....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Return to General Strategy