Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

tof78

SP injury - management

PostThu Aug 01, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi
I have an issue. First time.
I have 5 SP. Only one is *.
One of them is now injured for next 4 games and my SP* just played a game so I can't use him to solve this issue.
May anyone tell me how I can proceed or how Hal will manage this problem? Should I buy an additional SP?
Thanks

tmfw30

Re: SP injury - management

PostThu Aug 01, 2019 5:53 pm

I think what happens is that HAL will start the reliever with the highest R rating in the spot for the injured starter. He'll only miss one start so I wouldn't bother spending any money on your roster.

There is no real way to manage this apart form having the reliever with the highest R rating on your roster be a good one, but this situation happens so rarely that it shouldn't be factored into roster construction.

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Aug 02, 2019 8:40 am

My keeper league uses standard injuries...Jose Berrios showed up with a 6 game injury yet made his next start anyway!?!
It still showed him with a 6 game injury...so I promoted Sandy Alcantara skipped Berrios and the injury went away....
Hal does a lot of drinking these days....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

milleram

PostSun Aug 04, 2019 2:35 am

Look under "team schedule and results" on your roster home page---the projected scheduled starter will be listed--it probably will be the longest reliever--or the most expensive if you have only 1 inning relievers--he will be treated the same as a S4 starter.

tof78

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 11:59 pm

Thanks guys.
I confirm, HAL chose the longest reliever and he was visible in Probable Starter list.

Return to General Strategy