mystery card understanding

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

murf4

mystery card understanding

PostFri May 24, 2019 10:55 pm

Okay so i have not played mystery card league for awhile, and I am trying to understand the information i am gathering. first my player was hit by the pitcher in the 5th inning, the pitcher in this case was a right handed . the play by play shows a 1 in the column after the hitters name. i check the column 1 on each of his cards on the right handed players card but there is no hit by pitcher plus injury in that column , there are however in the 2nd and 3rd columns in three of the five cards. does this indicate that those three cards are possibly the season he is playing.. hopefully someone can correct my thinking in this regards....thanks

Palmtana

Re: mystery card understanding

PostFri May 24, 2019 11:51 pm

Here is the Mystery Game forum.

viewforum.php?f=9

Double your chances of getting a response and pose your question there also.

jjii66

PostSat May 25, 2019 12:27 am

In mystery leagues, the number after the hitter's name has nothing to do with columns... That would detract from the mystery. I forget what it is exactly (pitch count maybe?) In any case, it's confusing, because it's almost always between 1 and 6... but I promise, you'll eventually see a 7!

tdkearns

PostSat May 25, 2019 8:56 am

If your guy was injured on the play:

1. When a position player is injured - Position players can only be injured from a roll on their card. First find out how they got injured (HBP+inj, Lomax+inj, ground out+inj etc.). Also...did they get injured from a lefty or righty pitcher? Then...look at your players 5 cards to zero in on which seasons sustain that injury from the lefty or righty side of their card. This method may not pinpoint the year, but could eliminate some of the years.

If not injured:

3. HBP - Batters can be HBP only from their card. If a batter is HBP, look at each of their years that can get that result. Sometimes you can eliminate years that do not have a HBP result using this method

Above are from great post by visik under the forum for mystery leagues.

murf4

PostSat May 25, 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks gentlemen for taking the time to respond, got some very useful insight

Return to General Strategy