Which setting steals third less?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Chris Franco

Which setting steals third less?

PostTue May 07, 2019 1:19 pm

For this example, let’s say we are looking at two AA rated cards on the same team...

73 Carew *2-6,11/- (17-13)

And

72 Cedeno *3-6/- (19-15)

My goal is to try and steal second base more with these two players...get them their real life steal total...but I do not want them killing me by trying to steal third base more...especially in possibly making the first or last out of an inning at third base.

So...in just generic terms...Which setting steals third LESS of these two settings...for these two players...

1. Normal steal setting under strategy but “steal more” checked on the individual player...

Or

2. Aggressive steal setting under strategy but “steal more” NOT checked on individual player...

Anyone have a feel for this?

milleram

Re: Which setting steals third less?

PostWed May 08, 2019 12:43 am

By checking "steal more" you are effectively moving a player from normal to aggressive (if you are set at normal)--or 1 up from whatever stealing you set. So the answer is--of your two options above, either setting is equivalent for those two players.

Anytime a player has a 15 or better 2nd steal number--they will attempt 3rd often. The only way to slow them down enough for my taste is go conservative and do not check "steal more"--but I mostly play 20XX leagues--in ATG, with a running team--you just have to take the bad with the good if you want to steal a lot.

Return to General Strategy