Stealing with rating C and lower

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

je8675309

Stealing with rating C and lower

PostSun Mar 10, 2019 11:09 am

Do you let these guys swipe bags? I can't stand getting picked off so I don't let them run under any circumstances.

andycummings65

Re: Stealing with rating C and lower

PostSun Mar 10, 2019 11:12 am

The letter ratings aren’t that important. It’s the number ratings after that are important.

je8675309

PostSun Mar 10, 2019 11:35 am

andycummings65 wrote:The letter ratings aren’t that important. It’s the number ratings after that are important.

Just about all base stealers C and below have a pickoff number - in the mystery leagues at least. I haven't played in a 20XX season in a while. I should have changed the subject to Stealing with guys who have a pickoff number, though.

coyote303

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 1:01 am

I play mystery leagues only anymore, where all stealers with the same letter rating have the same chances as others with the same letter.

I rarely let C stealers steal, and I never let D or E stealers steal.

I think they should change C stealers in the mystery games to have a much lower chance to get a lead but get rid of the "pickoff" chances (actually the pickoff chances count as a caught stealing).

I actually consider a C steal rating (again, in the mystery game) to be a slight liability since the cost of the card reflects a "better" stealing rating.

Return to General Strategy