Forgot it Was Even a Rule

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

ggyuppie

Forgot it Was Even a Rule

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 11:01 am

Hal brings in a PH for my pitcher to start an inning, and he reaches on an error by the catcher. The floodgates open, my team bats around in the inning, and my pinch hitter gets a second plate appearance before the inning ends. :shock:

It’s been so long since I’ve seen such a thing (or have I never seen such a thing?) that I forgot that my pinch hitter was still in the game!

ScumbyJr

Re: Forgot it Was Even a Rule

PostMon Mar 05, 2018 2:04 pm

ggyuppie wrote:Hal brings in a PH for my pitcher to start an inning, and he reaches on an error by the catcher. The floodgates open, my team bats around in the inning, and my pinch hitter gets a second plate appearance before the inning ends. :shock:

It’s been so long since I’ve seen such a thing (or have I never seen such a thing?) that I forgot that my pinch hitter was still in the game!

I forgot when they decided that a pinch hitter only gets credit for one pinch hit at bat if the team bats around. So you cannot pinch hit for yourself. Players who have 2 "pinch hits" in one inning like Gates Brown actually have less than officially credited since they did not go back and revise their stats.

Return to General Strategy