Sim Fielding & Sim Misc

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

tof78

Sim Fielding & Sim Misc

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 2:29 am

Hi
I'm trying to read and understand Sim Fielding & Sim Misc stats.
Do you know where I can find explanations of all columns titles 'eg. Ball Park FX, SI, opp, HR, pop...`?
Thanks

milleram

Re: Sim Fielding & Sim Misc

PostSun Mar 04, 2018 2:22 am

http://somonline.wikia.com/wiki/Strat-O ... Game_Rules

that site will explain a lot of the rules, but if you've never played the board game or windows version, it's a lot to take in.

On the sim fielding page, most you need to know is on the bottom under Xtotal and Xout. An example is a opposing player rolling a GB2bX on one of your pitchers cards.

Xtot is how many times that players fielding came into play--and xout is how many times outs were recorded (the rest were hits and/or errors)--the 1st position listed on a card is his primary position--all positions are totaled under secondary position---a good example on your Porri team is Blanco--his primary position is 3B (I'll bet he doesn't play there much for you) so when he plays SS,2B,1B or even LF all the x chances to him at those spots will be lumped into secondary position (along with the primary spot too)--often in online some players do not play much at primary spots.

I don't worry too much about how many errors are made, just my total xouts divided by my total chances, under 70% is getting marginal, I like 75% outs or better generally, but if poor defensive players generates enough offense you can get away with lesser defense.

Ball park FX are how many BPSingles or BPHR you got (or gave up) vs opportunities--these can vary a lot according to the park you play in---in the case of weak power players that get a BPHR chance off a pitcher it is always counted as an opportunity missed but could have been a single (if it would have been a HR for a normal power player). Again Blanco is weak vs LH but Normal vs RH pitchers

BPSI chances are > symbols and BPHR are #. In online play--you sub your ballpark ratings in those cases and ignore the printing on the card. There are usually 5 BPSI chances on most cards but there can be cards (pitchers or hitters) with no BPSI chances--BPHR vary from none to 8.

Since every team gets the same money, who you put in your home park is a high % of the strategy of building a good team.
Last edited by milleram on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tof78

Re: Sim Fielding & Sim Misc

PostMon Mar 05, 2018 10:00 am

Great thanks Milleram!!
It will help me a lot...

Return to General Strategy