Ballpark Homer Opportunities

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

paul8210

Ballpark Homer Opportunities

PostSun Feb 18, 2018 9:21 am

Game version: Mystery game

Batter stat sheet shows the player with failed ball park homer opportunity.
Can I assume the stat includes ballpark homer opportunities off the pitcher's card, as well as ballpark opportunities off the hitter's card?

In other words it seems the ballpark homer opportunity is recorded twice, once for the hitters card and once for the pitcher's card.

If my assumption the ballpark homer opportunity is recorded twice is incorrect then I can only conclude that it's possible for a hitter to hit an inside-the-park homerun if his power rating is 'W' and his card does not include any chance for a regular homerun.

ggyuppie

Re: Ballpark Homer Opportunities

PostSun Feb 18, 2018 12:45 pm

I believe your assumption is correct. A BP HR chance can come from either the P or H card, unless the hitter is rated W. In that case, what would have been a BP HR chance coming from a P card becomes a BP Single chance instead. And all such outcomes get recorded in the stats of both the H and the P.

paul8210

Re: Ballpark Homer Opportunities

PostSun Feb 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks. I think you are correct on all points you made. Assuming my player did not hit an inside-the-park homer, then, I can conclude that for the particular player:

1) Two ballpark homer opportunities on the pitcher's card were recorded on the hitter's card even though the hitter has no '#' symbols except for one year. He does, however, have a power rating 'N' from the right-hand side on a year which has no '#' symbols.

2) His homerun off a right-handed pitcher must have been for the year in which he has an 'N' power rating (albeit, no "#" symbols); otherwise, it would be impossible to have those two ballpark homer opportunities on his stat sheet.

Therefore, I can pinpoint which mystery year I have.

Return to General Strategy