Any Pointers Regarding 140M ATG League?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Snakefinger

Any Pointers Regarding 140M ATG League?

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 12:58 pm

Draft to be run soon on my first attempt at a 140M league (ATG post-WW II). Curious if there are any issues to keep in mind when putting a team together for such a league (i.e., should bench be populated with cards costing over 1M rather than the typical sub-1M scrubs because of the pitching quality that'll likely be faced, or focus particularly on OBP over some other stat, etc)?

I picked a neutral/slightly pitcher friendly park in Three Rivers '78. Going for tip top SPs, big hitters like everyone else I am sure.

tmfw30

Re: Any Pointers Regarding 140M ATG League?

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 8:38 pm

To your bench question, no, do not spend money on your bench. You can go more expensive with your platoons, but at 140m your key players should still soak up all the money.

Snakefinger

Re: Any Pointers Regarding 140M ATG League?

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks for the input. One of the results of playing in a high cap league is most of my prime players picked up in the initial draft no longer have any better (or more expensive at least) players left in the free agent pool. The highest salaried cards are mostly already taken, position players and starting pitching at any rate. One can certainly load up heavy in the pen with some of the otherwise available cash. Or shore up the bench a little for improved pitch hitting (non-DH league).

Return to General Strategy