A S8*/R4 pitcher and his fatigue

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Chris Franco

A S8*/R4 pitcher and his fatigue

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 12:17 pm

A S8*/R4 pitcher and his fatigue question...
So, let's say he has not pitched in five straight games...he's not in your rotation, he is in your bullpen...then HAL brings him in for a 2 inning relief appearance...
Can you then plug him in for a spot start the very next game...and he will start that game un-fatigued?

Or how about this scenario...again, no appearances for five games, the you spot start him and he pitches 7 good innings then is relieved, then you take him out of the rotation, and make him available for HAL to use in the bullpen...will HAL possibly bring him in the next game as a reliever?...and if he does...does he come in to that game fatigued?

I guess my question is, what are the fatigue parameters for a pitcher like this?

Thanks in advance.

sjudd

Re: A S8*/R4 pitcher and his fatigue

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 3:52 pm

I also am curious about this. Can this fully rested pitcher relieve, then start the very next game fully rested?

coyote303

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 12:59 pm

SOM is very tight-lipped about how fatigue works.

In general, pitchers recover far too quickly after pitching a lot of innings. One day of rest seems to be all a reliever needs to be fresh.

I don't know if a pitcher can start unfatigued after pitching two innings the previous game, but I too am curious.

sociophil

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 1:04 pm

Try it and report back.

milleram

PostTue Jan 30, 2018 12:41 am

"A S8*/R4 pitcher and his fatigue question...
So, let's say he has not pitched in five straight games...he's not in your rotation, he is in your bullpen...then HAL brings him in for a 2 inning relief appearance...
Can you then plug him in for a spot start the very next game...and he will start that game un-fatigued?"

Yes, you can spot start him with no fatigue under the above circumstances--with online though the only game you can be sure of this scenario is the first game of a three game set.

ROBERTLATORRE

PostTue Jan 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Is the online game using the Super Advanced rules? If so, the cards and dice chart is:

For an SP*
Previous outing innings / days rest needed
1 / 1
2 / 1
3 / 2
4 / 2
5 / 3
6 / 3
7 / 3
8 / 3
9 / 3
10+ / 4

So no, if an SP*/RP pitched in game 100, he would be fatigued if he started game 101, rested if he started game 102

For a non SP*:
1 / 1
2 / 2
3 / 2
4 / 3
5 / 3
6 / 4
7 / 4
8 / 4
9 / 4
10+ / 5

milleram

PostTue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 pm

I will admit I'm not sure, but I thought that chart was if he started the previous game (and maybe got knocked out early) as opposed to relieving---if the above chart were true the SP/RP that didn't start a game could not relieve two games in a row like any normal relief only pitcher.

ROBERTLATORRE

PostWed Jan 31, 2018 3:00 pm

milleram wrote:I will admit I'm not sure, but I thought that chart was if he started the previous game (and maybe got knocked out early) as opposed to relieving---if the above chart were true the SP/RP that didn't start a game could not relieve two games in a row like any normal relief only pitcher.

Hmmmmm, could be milleram. You could be right. I am pretty sure that this only applies to starting a game, so the pitcher could relieve in back to back games. You're other point may be right, that the table only applies if the previous appearance was a start.

I may have only confused things ;-)

Let me see If I can find the rule book for this.

Return to General Strategy