Tweaking your lineup daily

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Chris Franco

Tweaking your lineup daily

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Been playing for a while.

I have noticed something. It's almost backwards, but I am seeing a direct correlation.
Tweak your lineups daily (move hot and cold players around your lineup, use a lot of your bench) and over an extended period of time of doing this you will play about 480 ball.
Do not tweak your lineups daily...set them and let them roll for two or three weeks straight...without a touch...and let Hal run the show ...totally...even in the case of injuries...and over that two or three week period you will play about 520 ball.

Which to me is backward. I would think you would be rewarded for micromanaging your lineups.
And hitting and pitching preferences based on nightly match ups.

Not so.

Anyone else notice this?

Chompsky

Re: Tweaking your lineup daily

PostMon Nov 27, 2017 9:36 pm

I don't tweak much. I might change my order a tiny bit when facing extreme pitchers but that is about it. I don't play bench players unless one of my starters gets injured.

tmfw30

Re: Tweaking your lineup daily

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 12:57 am

The main thing here is that the players cards don't get "hot" or "cold." They contain the same probabilities every time. So picking an optimal lineup vs. lefties and vs. righties from the beginning and sticking to it will almost always bring better results than changing it around due to variations in player performance. (There could be the occasional logical tweak due to the composition of your opposition). No matter how well, or poorly, a player has performed, his future performance has nothing to do with how he did yesterday and everything to do with the probabilities inherent to his card.

Return to General Strategy