Bullpen Settings

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

stratorat

Bullpen Settings

PostWed Aug 17, 2016 10:33 am

My team has struggled in the bullpen, so I set my SP's at Slo Hook.

Well, in Gm. 3 W. Wood went into the ninth inn. with his fatigue down to F1 - and got nipped for the loss.
I wouldn't expect HAL to let Wood start the 9th with a F1 when NONE of my bullpen had yet to be used! I had a fresh Closer ready to go?? :oops:
Any thoughts??

Hittmens

Re: Bullpen Settings

PostWed Aug 17, 2016 11:35 am

Try not using slow hook and instead set your weaker starters to f8 and your better starters to f7 or less.

stratorat

PostWed Aug 17, 2016 11:59 am

Hittmens wrote:Try not using slow hook and instead set your weaker starters to f8 and your better starters to f7 or less.

I agree with your suggestions - thanks!
I usually use F8 with my Ace(s) and Quick hook with the rest of the staff.......

Another question, how do you maximize the performance of an Expensive Closer who reads as 7L? Or, should i just dump him?

coyote303

PostThu Aug 18, 2016 2:12 pm

Hittmens wrote:Try not using slow hook and instead set your weaker starters to f8 and your better starters to f7 or less.

Strongly disagree with this. Leave the F-rating blank for your weaker and so-so starters; set your strong starters to F8.

However, I agree not to use slow hook. It's unneeded if you have an F-rating set and not wanted if you don't.

Return to General Strategy