SP after relief appearance

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

stratorat

SP after relief appearance

PostTue Mar 29, 2016 12:58 am

I'm in a Finals series and just finished Game 5 which went 15 innings.
Carlton, who was brought into the game in the 13th inning with a F4 fatigue rating was scheduled to be the SP in Game 6 of the series.
Should I assume HAL will shorten his stamina in Game 6? My only other alternative is one of my SP/RP'rs who have been used solely in the bullpen.
Any advice?

ScumbyJr

Re: SP after relief appearance

PostTue Mar 29, 2016 12:17 pm

stratorat wrote:I'm in a Finals series and just finished Game 5 which went 15 innings.
Carlton, who was brought into the game in the 13th inning with a F4 fatigue rating was scheduled to be the SP in Game 6 of the series.
Should I assume HAL will shorten his stamina in Game 6? My only other alternative is one of my SP/RP'rs who have been used solely in the bullpen.
Any advice?

Best to stick with Carlton HAL is forgiving for emergency relief appearances. I think.

coyote303

PostTue Mar 29, 2016 3:24 pm

stratorat wrote:I'm in a Finals series and just finished Game 5 which went 15 innings.
Any advice?

If Carlton only pitched an inning or possibly two, he will probably be full strength F9. However, I don't know for sure.

The system is black and white. If he does start the game at F9, his stamina won't be affected. SOM's fatigue system--one of the weakest aspects of the game--is simply not that sophisticated.

If he had pitched also in Game 4, then he would probably be starting Game 6 at F0.

stratorat

PostTue Mar 29, 2016 3:48 pm

coyote303 wrote:
Any advice?

If Carlton only pitched an inning or possibly two, he will probably be full strength F9. However, I don't know for sure.

The system is black and white. If he does start the game at F9, his stamina won't be affected. SOM's fatigue system--one of the weakest aspects of the game--is simply not that sophisticated.

If he had pitched also in Game 4, then he would probably be starting Game 6 at F0.

Thanks for the input!
Carlton pitched 9 inning shutout in Game 2. In Game 5, he entered the 13th inn. at F4 and went 3 shut out innings in relief for the win! That's why I want to start him in Gm 6.
If I set his 'Don't Rel. B4' at F8, and he should start the game at below F8, I assume HAL will pull him for my Middle Man who would be my 4th starter W Ford.
That would allow me to still pitch my #3 SP (Nolan) in Gm 7 if necessary.
Make sense?

stratorat

PostTue Mar 29, 2016 4:02 pm

coyote303 wrote:
Any advice?

Thanks for the input!
Carlton pitched 9 inning shutout in Game 2. In Game 5, he entered the 13th inn. at F4 and went 3 shut out innings in relief for the win! That's why I want to start him in Gm 6.
If I set his 'Don't Rel. B4' at F8, and he should start the game at below F8, I assume HAL will pull him for my Middle Man who would be my 4th starter W Ford.
That would allow me to still pitch my #3 SP (Nolan) in Gm 7 if necessary.
Make sense?

stratorat

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 2:18 am

Good news, HAL entered Carlton as an F9 SP and didn't fatigue. Bad news, he got beat 4-3
Fingers crossed for Gm 7 win

coolhandlewke

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 2:58 pm

game sevens are awesome, in strat and in rl. good luck!

stratorat

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 6:42 pm

coolhandlewke wrote:game sevens are awesome, in strat and in rl. good luck!

Thanks!

coolhandlewke

PostFri Apr 01, 2016 2:12 pm

how'd it come out?

stratorat

PostSat Apr 02, 2016 7:21 pm

coolhandlewke wrote:how'd it come out?

Lost in Gm 7....

Return to General Strategy