Sorry to Ask again Defensive switch

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

elpasopesos

Sorry to Ask again Defensive switch

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 8:10 am

I can never remember the answer; this time I will write it down

PLAYER A is in CF I want to move him to LF remove the current LF and replace the CF with Player B. I believe I do it this way:

DEFENSIVE REPLACEMENT

PLayer A (CF) goes to LF (remove for substitution NOT CHECKED)
Player B comes into CF

or should it be

Player B comes into CF
PLayer A (CF) goes to LF (remove for substitution NOT CHECKED

Thanks in advance

edwardneal63

Re: Sorry to Ask again Defensive switch

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 1:06 pm

Per Strat:

Defensive double-switches must be defined as a pair. They can be defined as the first and second defensive replacements or as the third and fourth defensive replacement. Any other combination will not work. For instance, a double-switch cannot be defined as the second and third replacements because the computer manager will not recognize that you wish to make a double-switch.

Then, the player who is (expected to be) in the game already should be listed second, at the position he should move to. The defensive replacement on the bench who you want to come in should be listed first, at his desired position.

So, my understanding is B needs to be first in position 1 or 3 and A in 2 or 4 depending on where B is listed.

elpasopesos

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks

coyote303

PostFri Mar 25, 2016 7:57 pm

elpasopesos wrote:I can never remember the answer; this time I will write it down

PLAYER A is in CF I want to move him to LF remove the current LF and replace the CF with Player B. I believe I do it this way:

DEFENSIVE REPLACEMENT

PLayer A (CF) goes to LF (remove for substitution NOT CHECKED)
Player B comes into CF

or should it be

Player B comes into CF
PLayer A (CF) goes to LF (remove for substitution NOT CHECKED

Thanks in advance

If I understand your question correctly, you're talking about a defensive replacement near the end of the game. If so, simply check the Rem. 4 def sub box for your left fielder under Hitter Preferences. If HAL determines the best way to replace him is by moving your center fielder over to left, then that's what will happen. HAL is actually usually pretty good at figuring this out. If instead he thinks it's best to simply replace your left fielder with another fielder, then you're probably out of luck.

Return to General Strategy