How badly is an SP/RP affected if he pitches on 2 days rest?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

1st Command Commando

• Location: DC Metro area when I am not deployed to Afghanistan (no more deployments)

How badly is an SP/RP affected if he pitches on 2 days rest?

PostWed Feb 10, 2016 2:48 pm

My first Superstar 60s team, pitcher in question is an S6/R3. (non asterisk). He pitches 1/3 of an inning in game 48, throwing a total of 3 pitches. Due to batter/pitcher match-ups in the next series, I'd like the pitcher to start game 51. I assume there might be a slight dentriment, but the real question is does the pitcher need a full four days rest to be as effective as usual or will HAL penalize the pitcher even though only three pitches (plus appropriate warm-up pitches) were thrown? I was able to insert the pitcher into the "set starting pitching" match-up, so assume this is not an illegal move.

Thanks in advance to all who answer.

sog

MARCPELLETIER

Re: How badly is an SP/RP affected if he pitches on 2 days r

PostWed Feb 10, 2016 5:30 pm

To my knowledge, no effect whatsoever.

It's a glitch on the on-line format. Usually, and I'm pretty sure this is how it works on the CD in the super-advanced mode, a SP/RP's stamina should be affected if he throws in relief in previous proximal games, but in the on-line format, I've seen SP/RP going for a full three or four innings in relief and pitch a complete game the game right after.

I'm not sure if the same glitch is there the other way around: I seem to notice that if a SP/RP starts a game and is relieved after 2 or 3 innings, he appears to be available sooner as a reliever, but I can't say for sure.

MARCPELLETIER

PostWed Feb 10, 2016 5:57 pm

On a related note, I have Bibby (a regular SP--4 days of rest) who threw a mammoth 11-inning 143 pitches. First time of the season he throws 11 innings. I have put him in his regular spot for tonight (with 4 days of rest), but I wonder if the computer will require another day of rest (The Super-advanced resting chart requires 5 days of rest with 10+ innings for regular SP).

1st Command Commando

• Location: DC Metro area when I am not deployed to Afghanistan (no more deployments)

PostWed Feb 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Thank you for your responses, Marc.

I would be interested in knowing how Bibby performs in his first start after such a herculean effort.

Thanks!

sog

MARCPELLETIER

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 1:41 am

Bibby did pitch at his regular spot.

1st Command Commando

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 4:15 pm

My pitcher (Tommie Sisk) picked up a shaky Win going 5 1/3 and giving up 4 runs on 7 hits and a walk. He left the game with a 5-4 lead. Fittingly, his bases loaded double in the top of the 6th proved to be the game winning RBIs.

Return to General Strategy