Avoid Righties/Lefties

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

ringojb

Avoid Righties/Lefties

PostWed Dec 09, 2015 4:44 pm

I have a platoon situation going with Garcia and Reddick. I have Garcia to avoid righties. However late in the game he is never pulled if I righty is pitching from the bullpen. Hal will make him face the righty instead of replacing him with Reddick. Is there a trick to have Reddick replace him whenever a righty is pitching? Thanks!

For example: look at this game. a right handed 9R reliever was pitching the 9th and hal let Garcia and Mayberry hit against him. I have both at avoiding righties.

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/ga ... 428026/992

milleram

Re: Avoid Righties/Lefties

PostWed Dec 09, 2015 5:23 pm

The avoid L/R setting is useless for in game situations with hitters--it is only used when Hal is making the lineup for the start of a game, and then it is usually useless anyway, except in injury cases with the sub left blank, as you have provided the lineup. (though you can leave the lineups blank and see what HAl will do)

Your example is a constant situation for me the three years I have played, and my biggest complaint about the AI--Hal will never pinch hit when your team is leading, and frequently fails to PH when trailing also---it really needs to be addressed by the guys programming the AI.

Most players seem to think platoons are generally better, but they always seem to bite me in high leverage situations or late innings when the other half of the platoon needs to be hitting--Hal seldom pinch hits, or makes double switches correctly.

Return to General Strategy