Auto List Only Drafts One Catcher

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Freedom4

Auto List Only Drafts One Catcher

PostWed Oct 14, 2015 7:55 pm

Anyone ever have this happen? Just had auto draft and came out of the Auto Draft with only one catcher. Trying to set up waiver moves but wont let me make any claims because it says I would be left with only one catcher. Catch 22 going. Any ideas?

Freedom4

Re: Auto List Only Drafts One Catcher

Ursoid

PostWed Oct 14, 2015 8:50 pm

I've never seen that happen before, but I'd say you should email customer support - they should be able to fix your backup catcher situation somehow or other. With luck, they might do it before waivers run.

freeman

PostWed Oct 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Guess your first waiver pick is going to have to be a catcher..

Freedom4

PostWed Oct 14, 2015 9:01 pm

Thats what I was thinking . Of course number one on the waiver....! Thanks All.

andycummings65

PostWed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Who did you try to draft as a backup C? Sometimes, if the backup catcher you missed in the Autodraft is not a catcher as his primary position, HAl will look for his replacement in the Autodraft by his primary position instead of C. I don't know the 20xx players well enough to know if that's what happened.

I do know in the past in ATG, if a manager tried to draft Frank Chance as his second catcher and missed Chance, HAL would give that manager a 1b instead of a C, leaving only one catcher on the roster.

milleram

PostThu Oct 15, 2015 3:24 am

It happened to me with a 2012 team. You drafted a catcher that was his secondary position and missed him (I'm guessing Vogt if it is 2014) so you got a first baseman.

You will have to list a catcher first in waivers to satisfy the roster requirements--or you can contact on-line support and drop the replacement you got for the pick with a .5 catcher before waivers--they will do that for you as technically it is kind of a glitch in a way--that can help by clearing the roster block on 1st waiver pick so you do not have to go for a catcher 1st.

Freedom3

PostThu Oct 15, 2015 7:29 am

It was Vogt so that sounds like what happened. Contacted support , hopefully they can adjust. Also trying to trade for an extra catcher. Two teams have three maybe they can help. Thanks .

milleram

PostFri Oct 16, 2015 12:08 am

V-Mart and Vogt (2014) can cause that issue, but if you want to draft them---or any catcher that has a different primary position in the future---drafting 3 catchers solves the potential problem in Waiver drafts if you miss. Draft a 3rd .5 catcher you intend to drop pre-season anyway--though it does limit you to 11 other position player in the initial draft.

Strat should actually warn you in draft rules that this issue could arise with auto-drafts, then it would be a risk/reward pick.----wonder what would happen if you picked V-Mart and Vogt, no other catcher, and missed them both---you couldn't even do a drop add---That has probably happened to someone sometime.

Return to General Strategy