2 QUESTIOS

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

MARCPELLETIER

Re: 2 QUESTIOS

PostMon Sep 28, 2015 6:17 pm

No need to apologize, Perry, it's all water under the bridge, now. ;)

I agree with Scumby that your pitching rotation strategy will depend on the stadium.

In a stadium that has low homerun numbers, like Marlins Stadium (homerun 1 for both lh and rh), if you go for a 4-men rotation, you might like to choose pitchers who have ballpark homeruns, like Felix Hernandez (4 BP vs rh).

The other important part is not to invest too much on relievers if you spend a lot of money on your starting rotation. A closer, perhaps a quality set-up man, and you limit your spending on the other pitchers.

Here's a team that I feel is well built, in a traditional way:

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/1400889

4 stud starters, led by King Felix in Marlins Park. Perhaps I would have gone with another pitcher than Quintana---I would have opted for a pitcher that has more BP homruns and a lower whip, but hey, you can't argue with success, and this team won a championship.

I like the bullpen. A closer that has 100 innings. A set-up man of quality (3.20M), but not a super-star (ie. not in the 5M range) who gets the bulk of the innings (150 innings and more), and limited action for the rest of the bullpen.

If you go with a stadium that favours right-handed hitters, you might want to go with right-handed starters (and conversly going with lefties in a stadium that favours left-handed bats).

pmtwarynski

Re: 2 QUESTIOS

PostTue Sep 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Thank You
Previous

Return to General Strategy