Pitchers Actual innings vs. Used innings

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Joestradamus

Pitchers Actual innings vs. Used innings

PostThu Jul 23, 2015 8:22 am

Just in my 2nd league. I have been very aware to keep my pitchers innings around what they actually pitched in real life so they won't get fatigued. Was looking at a competitors team and noticed they have a SP with 150+ innings pitched this year and noticed he ONLY pitched 33 innings that year. Still 70 games left in season. Shouldn't he be "very fatigued" and not effective?? Please advise. Thanks!!

andycummings65

Re: Pitchers Actual innings vs. Used innings

PostThu Jul 23, 2015 9:48 am

Pitcher fatigue can effect player usage and performance game to game, but there is no cumulative effect on usage throughout a season.

Your brother Nostra should have predicted that for you. ;) :D

Joestradamus

PostThu Jul 23, 2015 11:53 am

Thanks for the info. I will adjust my own Pitching preferences accordingly.

PS Even Nostradamus can't predict how Baseball games will turn out!!

ScumbyJr

PostThu Jul 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Joestradamus wrote:Just in my 2nd league. I have been very aware to keep my pitchers innings around what they actually pitched in real life so they won't get fatigued. Was looking at a competitors team and noticed they have a SP with 150+ innings pitched this year and noticed he ONLY pitched 33 innings that year. Still 70 games left in season. Shouldn't he be "very fatigued" and not effective?? Please advise. Thanks!!

Pitcher fatigue is determined by the their SOM rating and pitch count , forget actual innings pitched.

ENDURANCE RATINGS
"S6" or "starter(6)" means the pitcher can start games, and in general he can go 6 innings before being susceptible to tiredness.
"R2" or "relief(2)" means he can be used in relief, and in general he can go 6 outs (3 x 2) before being susceptible to tiredness.

Valen

PostWed Sep 16, 2015 10:36 am

I read he had no problem predicting baseball games. Hal on the other hand he refused to even try. :lol:

coyote303

PostWed Sep 16, 2015 2:55 pm

Valen wrote:

I read he had no problem predicting baseball games. Hal on the other hand he refused to even try. :lol:

Good one! :lol:

milleram

PostWed Sep 16, 2015 9:29 pm

"Usage" rules do not apply to online players--- hitters, or pitchers---some of the most valuable players were actual low use guys that had very good years, good examples this year are Soler, and Sanchez---ignore the actual usage----with hitters pay attention only to injuries to limit usage, and pitchers aren't limited at all other than their endurance ratings per game and rules that apply to every other pitcher.

Return to General Strategy