Simulated Miscellaneous Stats

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

wavygravy2k

Simulated Miscellaneous Stats

PostFri Nov 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Is there a wiki page available for this section? I'm also trying to figure out how to utilize this section for mystery card games.

Pitchers:
Ground Balls/Fly Balls/GIDP - Not sure how to utilize this stuff if it's even possible. I'm guessing it's just informative info.

Rolls - If the pitcher is performing poorly and but has more hitter rolls than pitcher rolls would it be safe to say that this could be considered a period of bad luck? Also applies to hitters.

Hitters:
Baserunning - If the opportunities are high and the advancements and outs are low it might be a good idea to consider increasing the base running tendencies. Of course, this also depends on the opponents OF arms and ballpark.

One more thing. I imagine having this info separated per series or even per game would be even more golden. This applies to mystery games. I think non-mystery games do cover this info in the play by play accounts to some extent.

coyote303

Re: Simulated Miscellaneous Stats

PostFri Nov 07, 2014 11:15 pm

The most important information to me on the Miscellaneous tab is whether or not a player has hit a ballpark homerun. If he has, I can eliminate seasons that are W/W or just W if the homerun is know to have been on the W side (if that makes sense!)

A lesser thing I look at is if the hitter has been unlucky (or lucky) with ballpark singles. It isn't usually a factor, but it can be. For example, if a hitter is say 0 for 6, I mentally adjust his batting average up. I'll do the same with a power hitter by checking how well he has done with ballpark homeruns.

You already mentioned checking out to see if the pitcher vs. hitters rolls are unfavorable.

Guynick

PostSat Nov 15, 2014 12:04 am

Like coyote, I use the rolls to help differentiate between bad performance and bad rolls. Mind you, it's just one aspect of the rolls -- but an important one. If your team goes a couple of hundred rolls up or down, it's a factor in your W/L record.

blue turtle

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Rolls - If the pitcher is performing poorly and but has more hitter rolls than pitcher rolls would it be safe to say that this could be considered a period of bad luck? Also applies to hitters.

Pretty safe, although it depends on who the hitter and pitcher are on a particular roll. I think John McDonald (BA: .115) vs. Vance Worley (ERA 7.21), the batting team is hoping for a pitcher roll.

wavygravy2k

PostThu Nov 20, 2014 7:39 pm

I'm assuming the Ballpark FX opportunities are a combination of pitcher rolls and batter rolls? Even so, if a pitcher has a pretty high BPHR opportunity number there's still a pretty good chance the year might fall on a card with high ballpark diamonds, right?

The GIDP amount can also be a clue of what year it might be too.

Return to General Strategy