Standard vs Advanced ?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

dave2309

Standard vs Advanced ?

PostWed Oct 01, 2014 3:50 pm

When I was a kid and played the SOM board game the "standard" game made no allowances for Lefty / Righty matchups. The "white sided card". On the other side of the cards, was the "advanced" version, which the Lefty / Righty matchups were key. The "blue sided card". I've selected a "standard" league in the computer version. The cards displayed seem to be the cards from the advanced version, "blue". Could somebody explain this? Thanks, Dave

ScumbyJr

Re: Standard vs Advanced ?

PostWed Oct 01, 2014 7:50 pm

It has nothing to do with player cards.Advanced means experienced owners are sought. I think it had somethhing to do with a manager rating system that no longer exists

Ursoid

PostWed Oct 01, 2014 8:21 pm

ScumbyJr wrote:It has nothing to do with player cards.Advanced means experienced owners are sought. I think it had somethhing to do with a manager rating system that no longer exists

Yeah, the advanced leagues were worth more points in manager ratings. How many more? I can't remember, it's been so long. Besides, I never had all that many!

blue turtle

PostThu Oct 02, 2014 10:25 am

Maybe you could clarify, are you referring to the computer version of the game that you play at home, or the online computer version? It has been a long time since I have played the home game version, and never noticed a difference in the cards between a standard league and an advanced league.

Return to General Strategy