Double Plays

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

krood

Double Plays

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 10:17 am

New at this game.
Is there ant settings to minimize DP's. Seem to have a DP-virus in my lineup.

l.strether

Re: Double Plays

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 12:15 pm

No, that would be magic. But if there ever is one, then there has to be a "minimize 3 (or more) run 9th inning rallies" setting, too. I'd have been pushing it all freaking year.

krood

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Yea, better yet last night I was up 12-4 after 5 and lost 14-12 with Fingers $4.74 in relief..... :oops:

Ninersphan

PostMon Aug 25, 2014 4:38 pm

krood wrote:New at this game.

There are no settings to minimize double plays, but there are a few things you can do in player selection and line up creation.

Using batters that have less gbA's on their cards will help cut down on DP's also having players with an * as a base stealer in your lineup will help as well. It forces the 1b and either the SS or 2b to hold the runner which effects their defensive range rating if a defensive check comes up. Also if you do have hitters with high gbA's and assuming they have a good hit and run rating, you can hit and run or if they have a high bunt rating you can bunt. Bunting and Hit and run also helps take injuries out of play.

ScumbyJr

PostTue Aug 26, 2014 12:22 pm

krood wrote:New at this game.

The way to minimize is get batters with few gb(a) chances

ROBERTVOZZA

PostWed Sep 24, 2014 3:18 am

It also helps to check the fielding range of your opponents infielders - esp 2B and SS. any GB to a 1 range will yield DPs very often. Placing runners with a * stealing rating in front of batters with high gbA rolls will help( as mentioned above) and will turn those gbA+ rolls into singles due to holding runners.

coyote303

PostWed Sep 24, 2014 12:27 pm

ROBERTVOZZA wrote:It also helps to check the fielding range of your opponents infielders - esp 2B and SS. any GB to a 1 range will yield DPs very often. Placing runners with a * stealing rating in front of batters with high gbA rolls will help( as mentioned above) and will turn those gbA+ rolls into singles due to holding runners.

GBA+ is not changed to a single because a runner is held in the super-advanced version of the game, which the online game uses. However, your advice is still sound since * stealing ratings does help convert some double plays to hits in other ways off the fielding chart.

Return to General Strategy