Relief Pitcher Rest Between Appearances

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

paul8210

Relief Pitcher Rest Between Appearances

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 8:05 am

Does anybody know if this "super advanced pitcher fatigue" rule is implemented in the online mystery game for any or all of seasons 90s,80s,70s,60s? If not, then what rule is enforced for relief pitcher rest between appearances? I have observed relief pitchers entering the game with a fatigue rating less than F9 (1970's mystery), so, I know that some rule must be in place for all or some mystery leagues, but, not necessarily the one described below.

I also have observed relief pitchers pitching in at least three consecutive games without fatigue (entering game as F9), so, it's hard to say what "reliever rest" rules are in affect for any or all mystery leagues (90's,80's,70's,60's).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW RULE LIMITS RELIEF-PITCHING ABUSE

By Glenn Guzzo

Those who play the Super Advanced style of Strat-O-Matic baseball may want to prepare for a new relief-pitching rule that Strat-O-Matic is introducing for its board and computer games.

The new rule, which goes into effect with the 2010-season ratings, is designed to prevent relievers returning too soon after pitching heavy-duty innings.

Here’s the language, which will be inserted as Rule 27.65 in the board game:

If a reliever pitches 2 or more innings above his relief fatigue rating then he must rest one day before his next appearance. If he pitches 3 or more innings above his relief fatigue rating then he must rest two days before his next appearance. If a relief pitcher is used without this proper amount of rest, consider him fatigued for the entire relief outing.

Like all Super Advanced rules, this one is optional for the board game. It will automatically be enforced when computer gamers choose Super Advanced Pitcher Fatigue.

Valen

Re: Relief Pitcher Rest Between Appearances

PostThu Sep 18, 2014 12:27 am

I think maybe this is not the exact rule enforced for the online game.

Even if it is consdier that a reliever who is R3 would have to exceep 5 innings before being withheld from next game or otherwise punished with any extra fatigue entering subsequent games. An R4 would have to exceed 6 innings.

Return to General Strategy