Fatigue Settings?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

LA Bear

Fatigue Settings?

PostTue Aug 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Does anyone have any wisdom on this? My try at a search yielded some stuff about Koufax. My gut is to set the SPs at F8 and leave the RPs blank. Can anyone point me to where this is discussed in more detail than the Koufax post? Thanks in advance. LA Bear

coyote303

Re: Fatigue Settings?

LA Bear

PostThu Aug 21, 2014 5:59 pm

Thank you. I think I got what I needed from another post. I'm only using it on SPs. I set my top 2 studs to F7 and the other 3 to F8.

dcarry

PostSat Oct 11, 2014 4:07 pm

I tracked my trial league and the first twenty or so games of my first season. Noticed pitchers most always go would go from F8 to F3 in one batter. There was very rarely a gradual decline. So I set every one at F8. Pitcher still get lit up but not due to fatigue.

Rosie2167

PostMon Oct 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Posted this on another string before I realized this one was probably better...

The fatigue factor is tough one for me to grasp from a math standpoint. Does anyone understand the actual calculations behind a pitcher that is F9 versus F8, F7...?

Some details... So I get there is a 50/50 chance that a result is hitter or pitcher. And once that is determined there are 108 possible outcomes (not counting splits) based on Right v Lefty. But when does the Fatigue factor come into play? During the initial roll? At the card level?

Tks
bob

coyote303

PostMon Oct 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Rosie2167 wrote:Posted this on another string before I realized this one was probably better...

The fatigue factor is tough one for me to grasp from a math standpoint. Does anyone understand the actual calculations behind a pitcher that is F9 versus F8, F7...?

Some details... So I get there is a 50/50 chance that a result is hitter or pitcher. And once that is determined there are 108 possible outcomes (not counting splits) based on Right v Lefty. But when does the Fatigue factor come into play? During the initial roll? At the card level?

Tks
bob

In the board game, a pitcher is either fatigued or not. A "@" roll off of the pitcher card becomes a SINGLE** if the pitcher is fatigued.

In the computer and online games, not only are there degrees of fatigue but it's much more complicated. Other "bad" results are possible besides SINGLE** when a pitcher becomes heavily fatigued. This much we know. However, how the game makes this happen is anyone's guess.

Return to General Strategy