How Do You Review Your Scoreboard?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

paul8210

How Do You Review Your Scoreboard?

PostMon Jun 02, 2014 1:31 am

It may not be as interesting as the question about "How do you eat an oreo cookie", but, managers, how do you review your game scores?
Do you..........

-Watch this Game Replay - I watch inning by inning, never missing an at bat, drawing out the suspense for a full 10 minutes.
-Watch this Game Replay - I use the fast forward arrow to skip ahead to later innings to get to the part where my bullpen gives it up
- Show just this game score - I don't need the details. Just tell me how bad I lost.
- Show all scores on this page - I don't need the details. Just make it easy by showing on one page how I lost ground to my division rivals.

STEVE F

Re: How Do You Review Your Scoreboard?

PostMon Jun 02, 2014 12:19 pm

I watch the game replay. I feel you get a lot more entertainment for your money if you do this.

Scottbdoug

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 am

I mostly look at the Play by Play. I don't watch the game, I find it too boring. Now if they put up a nice graphics game replay, where you saw a table with two avatars, see the dice rolls see each card in turn, see the pinch hits and relief changes etc. then I would start watching the games. It would be fun to see animated expressions of excitement or disappointment when you hit a game winning home run or get beat in the bottom of the 9th etc. But that might just be me.

Scott the Complainer.

prjr

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 8:59 am

I go to the front office of each team, then I either excitedly or dreadfully review the box score for each game in that series, then as I piece together the game I start to review the play-by-play for the game-turning events; did my pitcher get beat by a roll on his card or hitters card? (oh well, can't do anything about hitters card), did my team mount a late-inning rally in a close game?(ugh :x , my batter grounded into a game ending dp from a roll on his card in his best column!),really, a bp hr 1-2 for my opponent to beat me? ooo, we threw a guy out at the plate to end the game!.. and the roller coaster ride continues through the night...

coyote303

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 10:22 am

I open one score at a time. Then, after I know the results of all three games, I go back and look at the box scores. Once in a while, I might watch a replay but not often.

I used to watch more replays. However, one season I had a dream team. They were fun watching their replays because even when they got behind, I just expected them to come back and, more often than not, they did. After having that team win two-thirds of its games, it was hard to watch replays after that!

l.strether

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 12:23 pm

I'm a one score-at-a-timer too, unless my team has either clinched a playoff spot or is out of the running...then I just open them up all at once. And I always watch my teams' playoff games, as well as series crucial to clinching playoff spots, unless my wife is in one of her "too-much-time-with-your-strat-team" moods...then I open them all up and move away from the computer... :D

ScumbyJr

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 2:50 pm

I watch play-by-play first at fast speed.

blue turtle

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 4:08 pm

How competitive is my team?

A. In the running for at least a wild card? Play by play.

B. If something dramatic happens, could be a wild card contender? Or a loser who has made trades to re-vamp the lineup and check out players I normally don't use? One game at a time reveal.

C. Loser team with the same basic guys I started the season with? Give me the bad news all at once so I can get to bed; I have a job I need to get to in the morning so I can buy more credits.

danthechan

PostWed Jun 11, 2014 2:15 am

I love the play by play. it has really made me enthusiastic about this game.

Return to General Strategy