Who can we interview to discuss Strategy for SOM online?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

rjoshua

Who can we interview to discuss Strategy for SOM online?

PostSat Mar 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Hello to my new family at the SOM onlinegames for Baseball

I am known as Wolfman Shapiro, I have been connected with Strat-o-matic since 1967
I had the honor working with friends around Chicago to help co-create 7 National
SOM Conventions from 1974-1980 and now have the honor, to be the editor of
a new on-line SOM Baseball Newsletter known as "The Ultimate Strat Baseball Newsletter"

this week, I have entered the Barnstormers tournament and the team I manage in
my computer league, the CBA, the Skokie Wolfmen are now in League 13 of the 1st
event, we have our players drafted, did our waiver and I did some minor modifications
this is my first official league (did 3 trial leagues in 2004 when it was linked to the SN)

but as part of the material I share for the newsletter, I have a column that deals with
conventions and tournaments, besides the National Conventions we have interviewed
or had a report from 3 Champions of the Star Tournaments Worlds event (which is now
part of the National Strat Tournaments) - and now its time to cover the on-line gaming
and its tournaments. Mighty Moose the commissioner of Barnstormers has been
very helpful and also Geoff Brookes (gbrookes) of Player's Championship Tourney
also is going to do an interview with us.

I will be writing an article about my experiences, if the strategies I have used
in my face-to-face tourneys and computer leagues will work here but also, if you are
open to share (especially to help newbies and people who have struggled) keys to
build a successful team. I saw already in this board, this is what it is called,
some people discussing how to work with your pitchers.

Due to the fact players can be used in an unlimited way it changes the
way to manage your team

anyway if anyone would be open to do an email interview for the article for our
newsletter it works easier for me to chat via email although I know how
the messages work in the forum. My direct email is wolfman@ultimatestratbaseball.com

the latest issue will be out tomorrow and we already mention Barnstormers - but hopefully
we will acknowledge all the key tournaments and maybe leagues too - I am too new to this
community to understand it all yet

to get our free on-line newsletter or read about it, feel free to visit:
www.ultimatestratbaseball.com

our goal is to cover all the different forms of SOM Baseball activities and play,
we have been interviewing many of the special individuals who have taken SOM
Baseball to a high level

thank you all, success in your league or tournament play on SOM on-line gaming

now lets see - who shall we have leadoff for the Wolfmen since we didn't get
Willie in the draft ......

Wolfman Shapiro

bcp7

Re: Who can we interview to discuss Strategy for SOM online?

PostSun Mar 30, 2014 1:29 pm

I'd recommend The Last Druid and nevdully if they are willing. As the saying goes "they've probably forgot more about strat on line than the rest of us will ever know."

There are some other great managers out there as well, but these guys were two of the best early on in ATG and have maintained excellent records through each new ATG set.

gbrookes

Re: Who can we interview to discuss Strategy for SOM online?

PostThu Apr 03, 2014 8:13 am

In addition to the above...

J-Pav would be another interesting interview - another person who has a consistently good record in online play, including the current year cards each year ("200X"). He is the inventor of the "secret formula" concept. He's written about that on the discussion boards.

Knerrpool was last year's PC championship winner. He's a veteran gamer and a consistent winner.

sphilipp8 is also very good, and plays the mystery games a lot. He had the highest point standing through events 1-4 in this year's mystery league tournament.

Return to General Strategy