Wracked w/ Injuries, How do I Get Weeks @3B

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

TomSiebert

Wracked w/ Injuries, How do I Get Weeks @3B

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 12:10 pm

In the semi-finals round of the Tournament, my team has hung tough in the face of a series of could-have-been decimating injuries, including 15 games each for Medlen & Josh Willingham, 8 for Bartolo Colon, and now 8 for Chipper and 10 for his replacement Ronnie Cedeno. (we've had other injuries too, particularly repeats for Carloses Santana & Quentin, but none for long periods).

With Chipper & Cedeno down, I have no healthy 3B, and out of all the guys on the bench, I'd like to see Rickie Week slotted in at third. I have him currently set at DH vs. normal LH pitching and Carlos Santana @1B. HAL put Santana at 3B, Casey Kotchman @1B, left Weeks at DH. If I want Weeks @3B, am I best off just leaving him off the lineup card completely? Slotting Santana @DH? It often seems to me that the DH is a locked-in position for HAL.

Thoughts? I've got 3 more games w/ both Chipper & Cedeno out, and I'm just now noticing that Cedeno is the only guy I've got backing up 3B and SS. That could prove too thin.

tws

rolandzeut

Re: Wracked w/ Injuries, How do I Get Weeks @3B

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 2:25 pm

I would fill out lineup with Chipper listed in the 3B slot, Weeks on bench and put Weeks in the defensive replacement #1 slot for 3B under team strategy page...that should do the trick (I think!?)

TomSiebert

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Interesting! I never thought of that, didn't think you could do it. I'm trying it! Thank you!

tws

rolandzeut

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Did it work?

TomSiebert

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 5:34 pm

It worked! Thank you for asking! Weeks played third like clockwork, even made an errorless play (after a disastrous Si+2-base error) on a gbX. We took 2outta3, and Weeks even hit a clutch 9th inning 3-run HR in the game we lost.

Thank you for your help!

tws

Return to General Strategy