a qustion on pitching

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Scottbdoug

a qustion on pitching

PostSat Feb 01, 2014 3:16 am

I play in an ATG VII league and drafted pitching. So I have 4 awesome starters that I want to keep in the game for as long as possible since my bullpen is worse than those starters. I have a great closer and middle relief/set up man as well but only wish to use them if my starter becomes fatigued. In other words, if my starters aren't tired I would want them to complete every game, if they become fatigued, then have my middle relief and closer be used. After those 6 pitchers, the rest drop in skill significantly so I would prefer not to use them at all unless I have to.

What would be the best way to accomplish this with the pitching preferences page etc.?

Any help would be appreciated

Scott.

Musial6

Re: a qustion on pitching

PostSat Feb 01, 2014 12:10 pm

You know about the F ranges from 9 down to 0, right?

I'd suggest playing around with those settings on your starters until you arrive at the level you're wanting. Maybe mid-range about F5 or F6 and see if that's too long or not long enough leaving them in according to your wants.

coyote303

Re: a qustion on pitching

PostSun Feb 02, 2014 12:01 pm

What Musial6 said--the F-rating is your friend for keeping your starters in the game. (The lower the F-rating, the longer they'll stay in--but I wouldn't go too low.)

However, if you are in a no-DH league, you are out of luck since there is no way to keep HAL from pinch-hitting for your pitcher when he thinks it's right to do so.

Return to General Strategy