Injuries Exceeding Roster Size?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

jeffdoh

Injuries Exceeding Roster Size?

PostTue Dec 10, 2013 12:50 am

I'm trying a new strategy. I thought an exceptionally injury-prone squad might be fun, so I've fielded a crew consisting of all injury 5s and 6s (where desperate, I "allowed" a couple of injury 4s).

Well, after my first 3-game series, all 3 pf my starting OFers are gone for the next two series. HAL has done fine so far, replacing the beleaguered with my bench guys. But I have only 14 hitters (so only 2 reserves left now!) and am curious as to what would happen if I get 3 more injuries this series and therefore end up with only 8 position players. Has this ever happened to anyone or do you know how HAL will handle it? Will pitchers play the field and be given their batter corresponding batter cards (even though I'm in a DH league)? Or will I forfeit? Or...does the game code simply not allow me to get another injury if it would push me to only 8 position players?

So curious to hear responses-- thanks!!

ClowntimeIsOver

Re: Injuries Exceeding Roster Size?

PostTue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 pm

according to legend, the game engine doesn't permit any more injuries after a certain point (nine position players? I don't know)

check out this team in the injury column (it was my team):

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/1023809

note, "claude" means "lame" in Latin

and ... Manager: Derek Jacoby

he's an actor who played the Emperor Claudius in an old mini-series, and Claudius was (you guessed it) lame

I had another one called the Malingerers, but it was in a year that hasn't been archived yet since the switch to the new SOM online owner

jeffdoh

Re: Injuries Exceeding Roster Size?

PostWed Dec 11, 2013 4:47 am

Ha! Amazing that Sam Fuld led that squad in AB (487) with an injury 6!! Definitely gives credence to the legend you speak of. Is there any way to find out what exactly that max injury # is?

Return to General Strategy