Pitchers injuries - 3 game limit?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

gbrookes

Pitchers injuries - 3 game limit?

PostWed Sep 04, 2013 8:37 am

I couldn't quickly find it on the 200X forum (which is why this strategy forum exists), but there was a thread recently where managers were chatting about the question of starting pitchers injuries, and the 3 game limit for pitchers with more than 200 IP.

I think I had posted incorrectly that SP* pitchers' injuries were limited to 3 games. Someone corrected me by saying that only pitchers with more than 200 innings pitched have their injuries limited to 3 games. I deferred to their experience, and said that I appreciated the clarification.

Well, here is the proof of the point. In the following game, my SP* starting pitcher Gio Gonzalez (2012 card set) went down to injury for 8 games:

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/347011/534

As noted previously in the other thread, it is hard to find this limit on injuries for starting pitchers with over 200 innings in any of the rules, but experienced gamers have noted that the rule appears to exist in real life gaming. No-one has seen a starting pitcher with over 200 innings pitched go down for more than 3 games due to injury.

It's useful to remember that a SP* with under 200 innings pitched, like Gio Gonzalez, can be injured for more than 3 games, when drafting your team.

coyote303

Re: Pitchers injuries - 3 game limit?

PostWed Sep 04, 2013 12:03 pm

As noted previously in the other thread, it is hard to find this limit on injuries for starting pitchers with over 200 innings in any of the rules,...

I agree. I looked for this recently so I could link it, but I couldn't find it. However, it used to be in the rules. Also, pitchers with 300+ innings can only be injured for the rest of the game.

gbrookes

PostWed Sep 04, 2013 2:00 pm

coyote303 wrote:
As noted previously in the other thread, it is hard to find this limit on injuries for starting pitchers with over 200 innings in any of the rules,...

I agree. I looked for this recently so I could link it, but I couldn't find it. However, it used to be in the rules. Also, pitchers with 300+ innings can only be injured for the rest of the game.

I didn't know that either (until just now), about pitchers with 300+ innings!

STEVE F

PostWed Sep 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Interesting stuff. The 300+ inning one really makes me realize how old I am....Does anyone think we will ever see a pitcher throw 300 innings in a season again? I know the reasons for this have been debated extensively, but right now I am sitting here shaking my head and thinking "what happened"?

milleram

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 3:14 am

I think a pitcher with exactly 200 innings can be injured for more that 3 games too, it has to be over 200 innings.

For the online game, if you have four pitchers with over 200 innings, this effectively means your rotation is injury proof, and if you carry a 5th starter that can't relive it's wasted roster space & money.

Some managers may want a 5th .5M starter that never pitches--especially in a DH league.

LMBombers

PostMon Sep 23, 2013 1:10 pm

No 200 or more just like 600 PA or more for hitters.

Return to General Strategy