Help Me Understand . . . .

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

DonGuido69

Help Me Understand . . . .

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 1:35 pm

the fatigue rating. For instance, if your SPs were: Pfiester S8, McLain S9, Spahn S9, Odom S7, & Perry S8/R3 (which was my rotation for the free trial), what would you set their "do not relieve B4" fatigue settings in the team strategy? How do you decide on that #? Would you ever change that as the season progressed depending on how the pitcher was performing? Thanks.
Doc

andycummings65

Re: Help Me Understand . . . .

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 2:18 pm

I hardly ever use it. If I had Maddux or Pedro I might be so inclined, but otherwise I don't use it.

coyote303

PostTue Jul 09, 2013 7:30 pm

I usually set really good starters to F8 and leave it blank for other starters.

However, if HAL is too quick to pull certain relievers, I have started setting some of them to F8 as well. HAL sometimes has a hair trigger pulling a reliever after one batter if he doesn't like the lefty-righty matchup.

I also usually set my backup closer to F8. Too often I've seen my backup closer (my only other pitcher with a reasonable closer rating) get pulled after one batter and replaced by my already fatigued regular closer.

DonGuido69

PostTue Jul 09, 2013 11:33 pm

What's the rationale of setting it to F8 as opposed to not setting it at all?
Doc

coyote303

PostWed Jul 10, 2013 12:31 am

DonGuido69 wrote:What's the rationale of setting it to F8 as opposed to not setting it at all?

It prevents HAL from exercising his sometimes super-quick-hook tendencies. He won't pull my (F8) pitcher if he has no fatigue at all. I got tired of having my ace reliever come in, pitch to one batter, and then get pulled. Or, as I stated above, having my backup closer come in, pitch to one batter, and get pulled for my fatigued main closer (who then ends up either fatigued or unavailable for the next game as well).

Setting it to F8 prevents this from happening. Note that there is a huge difference between F8 and no setting at all, and very little difference between say F8 and F7.

DonGuido69

PostWed Jul 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Doc

jjii66

PostWed Jul 17, 2013 2:07 pm

coyote303 wrote:
DonGuido69 wrote:What's the rationale of setting it to F8 as opposed to not setting it at all?

It prevents HAL from exercising his sometimes super-quick-hook tendencies. He won't pull my (F8) pitcher if he has no fatigue at all. I got tired of having my ace reliever come in, pitch to one batter, and then get pulled. Or, as I stated above, having my backup closer come in, pitch to one batter, and get pulled for my fatigued main closer (who then ends up either fatigued or unavailable for the next game as well).

Setting it to F8 prevents this from happening. Note that there is a huge difference between F8 and no setting at all, and very little difference between say F8 and F7.

Your post just won this noob a championship! I read it just before the finals started, and realized that it would be a great way to keep my lefties in as long as possible (perfect for the matchup I had.) Big Unit pitched two complete games, and my underdogs took the series in five. Thanks for your help, and thank you Don Guido for the original question!

DonGuido69

PostWed Jul 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Your welcome coyote303, & congrats on your championship. I'm only into my 3rd season & finally have a winning record, but feel there is a lot to be learned from the "veterans" of the game. Any advice they can share is welcomed & appreciated. Doc

arslen

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 1:22 pm

why runners with a 8 rating are sent a extra base! is this normal!

andycummings65

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 3:34 pm

arslen wrote:why runners with a 8 rating are sent a extra base! is this normal!

I NEVER set my runners with an 8 rating anywhere below F7. ;)
Last edited by andycummings65 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to General Strategy