PostWed Oct 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Huh???

Where is this function?

gbrookes

Re: Help Me Understand . . . .

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Musial6 wrote:Huh???

Where is this function?

Musial6, the original post on this thread was about the endurance ratings for pitchers, and the pitchers' preferences screen and settings. The question was about how people use the "don't relieve before F_" settings for pitchers, on the pitchers' preferences page.

There was a subsequent question about base running that had nothing to do with the pitcher settings, and a joking reply that made reference (jokingly) to the F settings for pitchers.

The same question about baserunning was asked on the other thread on this board, and I replied to that baserunning question on that separate thread.

Does that answer your question? Do you want more info on the "Don't relieve before F_" settings for pitchers?

arslen

PostThu Nov 28, 2013 1:40 pm

i set my runners to go a extra base on normal seting... why does computer send a 8 rated runner a extra base. this is not normal

gbrookes

PostFri Nov 29, 2013 12:19 pm

arslen wrote:i set my runners to go a extra base on normal seting... why does computer send a 8 rated runner a extra base. this is not normal

There is a degree of randomness in HAL's decisions. It must be based on some probability of making the decision as to whether or not to send the runner to take an extra base. So, when HAL sends a runner at bad odds, I believe it is allowing some randomness in the decision-making. However, I know that I see a fairly clear trend, within a game, and over several games, when I toggle the strategy settings between "normal" and "aggressive" for base-running. It's just annoying when that randomness goes against what you would have done if you had been managing it live, yourself, in the game situation.

Occasionally, you can make sense of HAL's decision's based on the game context - like sending the runner home from second, with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th, down by a run, with a poor hitter up next and no-one better to pinch hit. But sometimes the context doesn't allow us to make any more sense of what seems to be a bad decision by HAL. It really is just the nature of the online game - it won't do exactly what you want to do, 100% of the time. :(

gfyock09

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 6:15 pm

S8, S7 mean pitcher is strong for 8 or 7 innings respectfully before he is fatigued. F0 is when your pitcher is gassed, and F9 is when he is strongest. I set my best pitchers (don't rel. B4) to F0. He might get relieved prior to this for other reason's (pinch hit for, getting shelled, or even for a closer depending on your stategy settings.
Hope this helps.
Previous

Return to General Strategy