Question on picters cards

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

dan_hnnng

Question on picters cards

PostFri Jun 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Some cards have both a starting and a relief rating. What's the difference when one of them is underlined ?

dan_hnnng

Re: Question on picters cards

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 4:35 pm

I just realized that the computer game and online game do not have the underlines. Just the physical cards. I have the cards but not the whole game. So maybe the answer lies in the rules with the board game. Which I'm gonna pick up next pay day. I think the under line means he was more of one or the other Starting or Relieving

gbrookes

PostWed Jun 19, 2013 10:17 pm

dan_hnnng wrote:I just realized that the computer game and online game do not have the underlines. Just the physical cards. I have the cards but not the whole game. So maybe the answer lies in the rules with the board game. Which I'm gonna pick up next pay day. I think the under line means he was more of one or the other Starting or Relieving

" I think the under line means he was more of one or the other Starting or Relieving"

This is correct. There is no relevance in the online game. If the pitcher is able to do starts or relief, you can use them that way subject only to the normal pitcher rest rules.

coyote303

PostTue Jul 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Exactly. In fact, the underline has no real effect at all; it is there only to emphasize the primary role of the pitcher.

A relief-underlined-starter in the board game will almost always be strictly a reliever in the online game in order to prevent abuse.

Return to General Strategy