Garcia's Blog 1/23/18- Baseball Pre-Orders/Ratings Guide

• Author

JohnG

Garcia's Blog 1/23/18- Baseball Pre-Orders/Ratings Guide

PostTue Jan 23, 2018 4:49 pm

Hey guys,

Pre-orders for our board and Windows Baseball products will begin tomorrow. From about 8-10am ET tomorrow morning our main site http://www.strat-o-matic.com will be unavailable. We don't expect it to have an impact on 365.strat-o-matic.com but it is possible that there is a time period where the site and/or forums are unavailable.

After 10am, the site and forums may still see some slowdowns with the extreme amount of traffic expected to hit the main site but we're taking measures to keep everything running as smoothly as possible and will be monitoring things throughout the day.

You may have noticed that last night (or early this morning) we did some server maintenance as we still work to improve our environment since the problems from early this month. We will continue to do future maintenance overnight with as little impact to you as we can. Of course, we'll also post a message whenever we do plan on that work as well.

While the 2017 season won't hit Baseball 365 until late February/early March, the 2017 Baseball Ratings Guide is now available to get you a head start on analyzing the cards. You can find the ratings download here.

I have already done some quick research using these numbers. The top starting pitchers in the set in my rankings are Stephen Strasburg, Corey Kluber, Zack Greinke, Chris Sale, and Chase Anderson.

Although Mike Trout should still have the best pure position player card in the set, his salary will be affected by his 3 INJ rating and 15-game max injury. I expect Giancarlo Stanton to have the highest salary in the 2017 set. His combination of offense (I have him ranked #3 behind Trout and JD Martinez), defense (2e4 -3 arm in RF), and injury (can only be injured for remainder of game only) is the best combination I see in my quick ratings.

If you want to do your own research on the rest of the set before the cards come out, I highly recommend taking a look at the ratings guide.

As always, please let us know at 365support@strat-o-matic.com if you have any questions!

-John

Return to Garcia's Blog