Garcia's Blog 10/20/16- Draft Process

• Author

JohnG

Garcia's Blog 10/20/16- Draft Process

PostThu Oct 20, 2016 8:45 pm

Hey guys,

First- sorry I missed last week! I unfortunately had a family emergency that made me unavailable for a few days. Back now though for a blog today.

Just some small things for me today. First I wanted to talk about Quick Draft. We occasionally receive messages from new users asking about an easier way to draft players or see some users who try the game and just find the process intimidating. Quick Draft is a very easy option available that solves this.

After creating your team name and selecting your player set and salary cap, you're brought to Step 1 of the drafting process: Fill Out Your Draft List. Right under your team information and above the search box is the "Fill out your Draft List instantly..." button.

To start out with your team full of players, just click the button! You will be asked if you want to play with the DH or not and also the balance you want between hitting and pitching. This will determine how much of your salary cap is used for batters and pitchers, the standard being 60/40 in favor of hitters with options between 70/30 - 50/50.

After submitting your options your draft card will automatically populate with 25 players. You can then review all your list and adjust any players that you need to. You can even re-run the Quick Draft to get a different group of players. Once you are happy with your roster you can then move on to Step 2: Rank your Players.

The ranking process is important as, just like you would expect, you have a better chance of getting the players that you add to the top of the list. Here's the logic on how the ranking affects you would receive in the draft:

If a player was selected by only one team, that team gets him.
If a player was selected by more than one team: The team that ranked that player highest gets him.
If more than one team tied for ranking that player the highest: That player is randomly awarded to one of those teams that ranked him the same.
For each team that lost out on a player: The team receives the next highest-priced available player that is not on another team's draft card and has the same primary position of the original player that the team lost out on. The player received cannot exceed the original player's salary unless no other players remain at or below the original player's salary.

After ranking the players, choose your ballpark and join your league!

Other news for today, be on the lookout to help decide the next group of 25 players added to ATG! As you might remember we created a new sub-forum "ATG Card Discussions" where Rosie2167 leads the group to decide which cards are going to be added. The next discussion will be coming up soon so be sure to follow the forum here.

That's all I have for this week. If anyone has any questions please e-mail us at 365support@strat-o-matic.com. Talk to everyone next week!

-John

Return to Garcia's Blog