Garcia's Blog 9/22/16- Strategy

• Author

JohnG

Garcia's Blog 9/22/16- Strategy

PostThu Sep 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Hey guys,

We've had a few questions come in over the last couple weeks on strategy, how a team should be constructed, what settings to use, etc. The first thing you need is a system to evaluate cards. The best thing available to help you do this is a website created by the user agabriel: Diamond Dope.

The site already includes players in the ATG 8 player set and you can use the Card Reader section to break down the results on the card. You can even choose a specific ballpark to evaluate the card in. Not sure who to take to fill a spot on your team? This website is the best to evaluate your players.

My favorite formula and article that I use to evaluate players is Dean Carrano's Offense v. Defense article here. Although all of the calculations have to be done manually, the best part of this article is probably the defensive charts on the last two pages. This shows you exactly how many runs the player will give up or save based on their range and error rating.

Even with all that, the best tool is the forum itself! Many of our vets are here on the forum and willing to help answer questions for new gamers. A Strategy forum can actually be found here.

Inside that forum is a great thread started by Palmtana a few years back that is specific for advice for new gamers. Inside that thread are links to other threads for How to Build a Lineup, Help with Stealing Strategy, Injury Rating and Games Missed, Where to Put Clutch Hitters, and lots more.

It really is a fascinating thread with lots of different topics that it can help with. For those that are struggling to get a productive team on the field, we urge you to check out that thread and ask questions either on the forum or to us through e-mail. We're happy to help out when we can!

That's all I have for today but I will talk to everyone next Thursday! If anyone has any questions please e-mail us at 365support@strat-o-matic.com!

-John

Return to Garcia's Blog