Garcia's Blog 3/17/16- Tournaments

• Author

JohnG

Garcia's Blog 3/17/16- Tournaments

PostThu Mar 17, 2016 4:02 pm

Hey guys,

It's that time of year again! Tournament time is upon us, even for Baseball 365!

The 2016 Barnstormer's Tournament has begun taken sign-ups. You can find the signup sheet here. The tournament page can be found here.

For those that don't know, Barnstormers is a tournament using the ATG player set. The winner and runner-up both win tickets to see an MLB game! The information below is copied from the signup page:

"This Barnstormers Tour will continue with a 6 event – (5 event mandatory) format, using ALL of the standard salary caps from 60 through to 200 Mil. As before, if you play in all 6, you will be able to drop your lowest scoring season.

The most common 100 Mil Cap will get special focus with a tournament starting NO DH event and a tournament finishing 100 Mil DH event. Live draft on the SOM web site will continue to be an option for those who request it (as long as we get 12 to agree on a day and time). Stadium groupings will be used as before, in order to test all players ability to use different types of stadiums during the tournament.

For the first time, SOM has agreed to provide a BONUS TEAM for all players who qualify for the Finals and Semi-Final events. This is an extra 45 credits graciously given by SOM to support our tournament !

Also, in addition to the always great prizes of 4 tickets to a MLB game for our Champion (plus the board or computer SOM game) and 2 tickets for the Runner-Up, SOM has agreed with OUR suggestion of letting the tournament Champion choose 5 new SOM cards to add to the ATG game.

In addition to signing up below, all players will need to send an e-mail to me at moose@sirmightymoose.com and give me one or two e-mail addresses that you can be contacted at on a regular basis. Barnstormers uses ONLY e-mail for contacting all players, unlike some other SOM tournaments.

Last year, 160 players took part in our tournament, the most ever – Barnstormers welcomes all skill levels. I would like to see you back again."

If anyone has any questions on the tournament, please e-mail the tour Commissioner at moose@sirmightymoose.com.

Our 20xx tournament, the Players Championship, is back as well! Again, the winner and runner-up of this tournament will win tickets to an MLB game! You can find the sign-up page here. The tournament page is found here.

Official rules for the tournament can be found here. Some general information can also be found below:

"The 2016 tournament will consist of five events and a two round playoff. In the playoff, the top 36 managers will compete in three 12 team leagues. The playoff teams from those three leagues will become eligible for the Championship Finals. The winner from that final league is recognized as the 2016 Tour Champion.

The score for the qualifying events will be the sum of the best four scores out of the five events. This provides several benefits for the members of the tournament:

-If someone misses Event I, but they still want to join up for Event II, they can do that, and still have a chance of making the playoffs assuming they do not miss any additional events.

-If someone joins for Event I, but misses only one of Events II-V, they are still eligible for the playoffs (assuming they make the cutoff score).

-If someone enters all five events, they benefit from being able to drop their lowest score."

That's all I have for this week. Make sure to sign up for these tournaments so you have a chance to win MLB tickets!! As always, if anyone has any questions please e-mail us at 365support@strat-o-matic.com. Talk to everyone next Thursday!

-John

Return to Garcia's Blog